I’ve been pondering this for a couple of days and think I’m ready to tackle it. I think it would be helpful for me to list exactly WHY I’m doing this.
Why I’m doing this:
1. To prove to myself that I can set a goal, a really, really hard goal and stick it out (because this is a really, really hard goal).
2. To improve my all over heart health (I do want to be around for a while).
3. To be an encouragement to Beth as she pursues her goal of running another half marathon.
4. Did I say, to show myself I can do it?!
5. To maintain my weight (note, I didn’t say LOSE weight…).
6. Because I really believe that God WANTS me to meet this challenge (does that sound crazy??).
7. To look fear in the face and come away the winner.
8. To prove in my life, that with God, all things are possible.
9. To challenge myself to do something I’ve never done before.
10. To set and example to my kids of persevering and not quitting.
11. For the fun of it.
Yes, the fun of it. I want this to be fun, and hopefully soon there will be an anticipation of going to the gym or outside to run. I’m really looking forward to that day. There has been a development I didn’t anticipate. My mom, whose knees make it very difficult for her to walk for long distances, has told me that this has inspired her to walk more (she has a Cruiser that she is using). This is major for my mom, and I’m very proud of her!! Knowing this and knowing that Beth is counting on me as a running partner encourages me!